Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

friday favorite // picmonkey.com

Time for the first installation of my 'Friday favorites'!

This week's favorite:  picmonkey.com 


I'm currently in the mental debate stages over, how (which model) and when (financially speaking), to update my computer.  


I own a very old (five years) MacBook. Poor thing is in palliative care.  It doesn't hold a charge, it's very slow, and I haven't updated it's operating system in years, for fear that it will give up entirely on me.  With the rate in which Apple goes through updates to it's line of products, I've decided that it will be less costly to buy a new computer entirely, than trying to replace batteries and hard drives and operating systems etc. etc. etc.  Cost and headache aside, I think I'll be treating myself to a new computer sometime this year or so anyways.

Because I fear installing any additional programs onto my Mac, I haven't installed Photoshop, or any other photo editing software... Which brought me to picmonkey.com.

This website is great for amateur photo takers and editors (me!).  There are so many different functions, and it is SO user friendly.  I could list all the amazing things about it, and review the functions that I've used, but that would make this a very long post.

I will summarize by saying - I love the:
  • re-sizing function,
  • poloroid, yester-year and pixelate finishes
  • collage making, and
  • how easy it is to upload photos and save them back on to your computer


I'm speculating here, but I'm thinking that even after I purchase a new computer and pimp it out with all the latest and greatest software, that I will still visit this website.  It is so ridiculously easy use, and has a huge range of functions.

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment